- Enterprise Java Beans can be a boon or a curse. Used effectively, they provide a mechanism for building reliable, scalable, maintainable business logic; used inappropriately they lead to complex, unmaintainable, poorly performing systems. This course provides application designers with in-depth knowlege of the internals of EJB and how to effectively use them (or not) to build enterprise applications.
- Familiarity with J2EE technologies including EJBs, JMS and JCA.
- Familiarity with data access technologies including SQL and JDBC.
- The content is aimed at enterprise architects and senior developers responsible for the design of enterprise systems.
- Day 1 -- Business Tier Fundamentals
- Design Goals
- Scalability vs. Performance
- Transactions and Isolation
- To EJB or Not To EJB ...
- Day 2 -- Service Oriented Architecture
- Service Design
- Session EJBs as Services
- Integrating Web Services
- Messaging Services
- Day 3 -- Business Data Model
- Entity EJBs: Good or Bad?
- Effective CMP Entities
- Complex CMP Configuration
- Effective BMP Entities
- Day 4 -- Scaling Up
- Clustering in the Business Tier
- Pessimistic and Optimistic Locking
- Fine Tuning Isolation
Where and When:
For more information or to sign up, please contact